Welcome to our Invisalign FAQ page at McDermott Orthodontics. Here, you’ll find answers to common questions about Invisalign, our revolutionary approach to straightening teeth.
1. What is Invisalign?Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses custom-made, clear aligners to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Unlike traditional braces, these aligners are virtually invisible and removable.
2. How does Invisalign work? After a detailed assessment, Dr. McDermott designs a personalized treatment plan. You’ll receive a series of custom-made aligners, each to be worn for about two weeks before moving on to the next set. Each aligner is designed to shift your teeth slightly, moving them horizontally, vertically, or even rotating them when needed.
3. How long does Invisalign treatment take? The duration of Invisalign treatment varies depending on the complexity of your case. On average, it ranges from 12 to 18 months, though you may start seeing results in a matter of weeks.
4. Is Invisalign painful? Invisalign aligners are generally comfortable to wear. Some people may experience temporary discomfort for a few days at the beginning of each new stage of treatment. This discomfort is typically described as a feeling of pressure and is a sign that Invisalign is working.
5. Can I eat with my Invisalign aligners? No, you should remove your aligners while eating or drinking anything other than water. This helps maintain good oral hygiene and prevents damage to the aligners.
6. How often do I need to wear my aligners? For the best results, you should wear your Invisalign aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
7. How do I clean my Invisalign aligners? Clean your aligners with a soft toothbrush and water. Avoid using hot water, as it can warp the plastic. We also recommend using the Invisalign cleaning system for optimal care.
8. Will Invisalign affect my speech? Some people may have a slight lisp when they first start wearing their aligners, but this typically goes away after a few days as your mouth adjusts.
9. What happens after my Invisalign treatment is complete? After completing your Invisalign treatment, you will likely need to use a retainer to maintain your new smile. Dr. McDermott will discuss the best retainer options for you.
10. How much does Invisalign cost?The cost of Invisalign treatment varies based on individual needs. We offer flexible payment plans and will discuss all costs and options during your consultation.
11. How do I get started with Invisalign? Simply book a free consultation at McDermott Orthodontics. Dr. McDermott will assess your needs, discuss your goals, and determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Ready to transform your smile?Contact McDermott Orthodontics today to schedule your free Invisalign consultation. We’re excited to guide you on the journey to a beautiful, healthy smile.