There are many reasons for existence, but some may not know that smiling is definitely one of them. An orthodontist knows how important a smile can be, which is one reason why orthodontic care is encouraged. Parents have a lot to worry about concerning their family, but thankfully, your dentist helps maintain everyone’s oral health. Still, you should know a few things about caring for your family’s oral health and know when it’s time to seek out help.
Proper Care for Teeth
There are a few things parents can do to ensure that everyone’s teeth are as healthy as possible, like the following:
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes
- Wearing mouth gear when playing sports
- Cutting back on processed sugars to avoid cavities
- Recognizing Orthodontic Issues
It is also important that parents know when something might be wrong or when you need the help of an orthodontist. The following are some signs you should be aware of.
- Misalignments, which can lead to mouth injuries
- Overbites or underbites that could lead to cavities
- Discomfort when eating, which could be caused by an orthodontic problem
These are just some of the signs telling you that you need to visit a specialist as soon as possible. There is a lot that can be done to help you deal with some of these issues. For example, braces can help correct misaligned teeth. Of course, traditional braces are just one option that you can choose because Invisalign can also be helpful. Some prefer Invisalign because they are removable and practically invisible.
Schedule an Appointment Today
To learn more about orthodontic treatment, contact McDermott Orthodontics in Minnesota to schedule an appointment. Dr. Michael McDermott offers free consultations at several locations, including:
• Delano – 763-972-4444
• Pequot Lakes – 218-568-5600
• Brainerd – 218-829-1630
• Baxter – 218-829-1630
Our orthodontist has been providing examinations to adults, teenagers, and children for over 15 years, using these devices:
• Damon System – made with self-ligating brackets
• Ceramic Braces – color-matching brackets
• Invisalign – aligners made from durable clear plastic
At our orthodontic office, patients are fitted with aligners after we use the iTero scanner to create molds. Our patients can also request an Acceledent Aura device to use at home to reduce their treatment time. Call us today to schedule your free consultation at McDermott Orthodontics.
Dr. Mike McDermott is an orthodontic specialist in Brainerd, Baxter and Delano MN.